1. I had to run to Target last night to get a few items. I heart Target! It is a good thing I didn't realize how great it was until I grew up. Now, I try to only go once a month because otherwise I'd spend my entire check there. During my trip I discovered some cute, new notepads in the dollar section. I'm telling you, I have probably 30 of these little notepads in my desk. I also discovered a new type of Starbursts. The Starburst red bag was already pretty awesome, but the Very Berry bag is even better. I have a feeling you guys are beginning to understand why I belong in first grade :)
2. I finally got to make slime with my kiddos today. By the time we got to today, I had reached Plan E. You know that pin that says it is good we have 26 letters in the alphabet? Well, I think they were created for me. We started at Walmart a week ago, then last night went to Target to get colored glue. Well, Target didn't have any, so we went to Michael's. Well, Michael's also didn't have it, so I went to the next plan. I got clear glue and this awesome, fine glitter. I decided we could mix it and it would be pretty. Thank goodness it worked! I also adjusted the measurements slightly so it would be a bit more flexible. I used 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 of a cup of glue with a little glitter. Then, I used 1/4 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of Borax. Once the glue mixture was mixed, I mixed the Borax mixture. Then, we combined the two. It turned out much better.
However, I do have a few hints for you. The clear glue looks cool, but the mixture becomes more rubbery and breaks apart. I ended up trying it with white glue and the texture ends up much smoother and more flexible. The price of the glue is 1/2 the price, too. Next year, I'm definitely going to do it with white glue. Now, two hints - 1. Have 2 1/4 measuring cups. Use one to measure the water and the other to measure the glue. It made it much easier. 2. Have plastic cups and plastic bags. The kids loved pushing it down in their cups and listening to the sounds and the bags kept their new toy safe. Anyway, I can honestly say this looked like a messy project, but it really wasn't. My kids LOVED getting to mix their ingredients together and see what happened.
3. Have you ever seen those crazy pictures on Pinterest where you think, "Who takes notes like that?" Well, that would be me. I seriously can't focus if I don't draw and write. I have a blank sketchbook that I write my notes in during church. That way I can draw and write. It is literally the only way I hear anything that is being said. Ask anyone that sits next to me. I don't miss a beat :) So, the next time you think the person next to you at church or in a meeting is not listening, make sure you know how their brain functions first. If I'm drawing, I will remember every detail I've heard.
4. I am extremely excited that Jessica is hosting a linky party and MrsMc is hosting a giveaway for 75 products. CLICK HERE to go visit the Second Grade Nest linky party and CLICK HERE to go visit Buzz Three Times giveaway. You won't regret either click :)
5. So, every time I get a TPT check, my hubby and I go to one really good dinner. It's my way of celebrating a little before I get back to work and it's my way of thanking him for not chunking my laptop out the window when I forget to respond to his questions or say, "Bless you!" while I'm working. Anyway, tonight we went to a place called McGuire's. I got a rib eye and I have to say, it was one of the best dinners I've ever had.
So, those are my 5 things for this week. What is one of your random Friday facts?